This should explain how to get reviewed on The Lesbian Review – Updated: 21 April 2016
Lesbian Authors and Publishers have been so kind and generous with sending us books that we have too many books to keep up with and have become more selective with the books we agree to review. If you want us to consider your novel then send us an email with a synopsis and a .mobi copy.
You can email me on Review @ TheLesbianReview.com (without the spaces) – Please note that sending me a review copy constitutes an agreement to our Submission Terms below so please read them. The process is for me (Sheena) to forward your synopsis to the reviewers and see if any of them have a gap in their reading list and would be interested in taking on the novel. If not then I let you know accordingly. Please understand that it will take months for us to get to the review.
- Our reviews will always be honest.
- If we don’t like a book we don’t review it, our goal is not to put people off, but rather to promote.
- No payment is required for reviews submitted by lesbian authors and publishers.
- Send us your synopsis.
- Send us a .mobi file of your book. We read on Kindle, so please provide appropriate file and not a PDF. (We are aware that PDF’s can sometimes be converted but the conversion is not always flawless and often there are formatting problems..)
- Please include your Twitter handle because I auto schedule the reviews to go live and being able to tag you on Twitter is the best way to be notified when a review has gone live.
- It may take a couple of months for us to review your book, we are dealing with high volumes of review requests.
- We are looking for lesbian fiction novels predominantly, non fiction is not generally our cup o’ tea.
- Erotica isn’t a favourite for me but Tara enjoys some erotica, so please specify that it is erotica.
- You will not get to see the review before it is published, this maintains the integrity of the website and ensures that readers get an honest review.
- We do not accept non lesbian books for review. So no books about straight couples, gay guys or two lesbians and guy. We are a legitimate lesbian site and as such we do not want to read about men, it defeats the whole lesbian thing.
- Transgender lesbian novels are not common for us but we do accept them and will review them on condition that there is no sex involving a penis. So, we are happy to have trans characters and we are even happy to have mention of a penis if it does not involve sex. Please make it clear in your synopsis that the character is trans so we know what to expect.
- Bisexual women characters are fine as long as there is no explicit male/female sex in the novel. And ultimately we want a female/female couple to get together.
- We generally like Happy Ever After Endings so please let us know if the book is not a HEA novel. If we are not forewarned we will probably not enjoy it.
- If you would like a novel to be reviewed by a specific reviewer then you may request that reviewer. However, I do not dictate whether or not they read a novel. If they don’t want it then we will reject it.
Other Promotions For Lesbian Authors and Publishers
I also run a podcast and sometimes I will put out a call for authors to submit readings, be interviewed or send us books for particular lists. If you want to know when we are running promotional opportunities then sign up below
Sometimes the Subscribe button on the form doesn’t show or there is a subscriber error. In those cases please email me on LesMedia@nullTheLesbianReview.com Give us your name and email address and tell us that you want to be added to the Publisher/Author list – we will add you manually. We apologise for the inconvenience.